Gardens of Note 2023
June 3, 2023 @ 10:00AM — 5:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Enjoy the sights and sounds of five beautiful residential gardens in Reston.
Gardens of Note is a self-guided tour of five beautiful private gardens in Reston, Virginia, followed by an afternoon garden party at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes.
Combining two of the joys of life, gardens and music, Gardens of Note offers exclusive tours of five notable residential gardens throughout Reston. The event is presented by The Reston Chorale, in partnership with The Reston Garden Club.
The 2023 Gardens of Note range from whimsical to stately, including a courtyard gem that offers privacy and plenty of seasonal interest, while minimizing maintenance; a welcoming wrap-around garden filled with sunlight; a dramatic strip garden inspired by landscaping in the Dolomites of northern Italy; a lake-side natural habitat that attracts bluebirds and butterflies, and an elegant, expansive garden that balances formal, structural elements with an organic rock garden tucked into a hillside.
Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 on the day of event. Tickets may be purchased online through June 3, as well as Chesapeake Chocolates* beginning on Saturday, April 22, or in the gardens on the day of the event. Payment options for in-person purchases include cash or check made out to "The Reston Chorale." Debit/credit card payments may be made online.
Ticket purchase includes a self-guided tour of the gardens plus pop-up musical performances by members and friends of The Reston Chorale, followed by an afternoon Garden Party at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes.
If you purchase your ticket(s) online, you will receive two emails. Be sure to print and bring the email with the subject line: "Your ticket for Gardens of Note 2023" and include the portion at the end that indicates the number of tickets you purchased. If you're unable to print your ticket, then you may show the Garden Greeter the email on your phone. Those purchasing tickets at Chesapeake Chocolates will receive a paper ticket.
This year's gardens are located in five Reston neighborhoods. Gardens will be open for touring on Saturday, June 3rd only, from 10 am to 3 pm. Garden addresses will be provided to ticket purchasers via email. Gardens of Note tour signs will be placed in the vicinity of and at the entrance to each property.
Ticket holders may begin the self-guided tour in any location.
- The garden program will be provided at the first stop, and garden greeters at each location will provide guidance.
- The garden program serves as your ticket to additional gardens.
- Be prepared for the elements, including appropriate footwear – rain or shine, the Gardens of Note tour is on!
Following the garden tour, join us for an afternoon garden party from 3 to 5 pm at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes, 12539 Lawyers Rd, Herndon, VA 20171
PERRENIAL PLANT OF THE YEAR
You may purchase the 2023 Perennial Plant of the Year during the tour at one of the garden locations or at the afternoon Garden Party at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes.: Rudbeckia 'American Gold Rush' Black-Eyed Susan is a hardy plant that grows in full sun to part shade.
Important Reminders for All Tour-Participants
- Be prepared for the elements, including wearing appropriate footwear to walk over uneven terrain and stone walkways.
- Rain or shine, the Gardens of Note tour is on! In the event of a thunderstorm, however, please return to your vehicle until the storm passes.
- Please: no pets (except service animals), food, beverages (except water), strollers, wheelies, skateboards, scooters, or bicycles in the gardens.
- Children must be 10 years of age or older, and accompanied by an adult.
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age.
- Presently, masks and social distancing are not required. This is subject to change depending upon the status of COVID cases in late May and early June. If necessary, an update will be posted on the ticket sales site on the day of the event.
* Chesapeake Chocolates is located at 11426 Washington Plaza West, Reston, VA. Store hours: Tuesday-Friday, noon to 5 pm, Saturday, 10 am - 2 pm. Payment by cash or check made out to The Reston Chorale.