Gardens of Note 2023
June 3, 2023 @ 10:00AM — 5:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Enjoy the sights and sounds of five beautiful residential gardens in Reston.
Gardens of Note is a self-guided tour of five beautiful private gardens in Reston, Virginia, followed by an afternoon garden party at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes.
Combining two of the joys of life, gardens and music, Gardens of Note offers exclusive tours of five notable residential gardens throughout Reston. The event is presented by The Reston Chorale, in partnership with The Reston Garden Club.
This year's gardens are located in five Reston neighborhoods. Gardens will be open for touring on Saturday, June 3rd only, from 10 am to 3 pm. Gardens of Note tour signs will be placed in the vicinity of and at the entrance to each property. Garden locations will be provided to advance ticket purchasers and will be posted here after 6 pm on Friday, June 2 for those who wish to purchase tickets in the gardens.
The 2023 Gardens of Note are:
- A courtyard gem that offers privacy and plenty of seasonal interest, while minimizing maintenance
- A dramatic strip garden inspired by landscaping in the Dolomites of northern Italy;
- A welcoming wrap-around garden filled with lots of sunlight and hidden storage;
- A lake-side natural habitat that attracts bluebirds and butterflies, while offering a relaxing retreat for homeowners and their guests
- An elegant, expansive garden that balances formal, structural elements with an informal rock garden tucked into a hillside.
- Following the garden tour, join us for an afternoon garden party from 3 to 5 pm at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes, 12539 Lawyers Rd, Herndon, VA 20171
Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 on the day of event. Tickets may be purchased online through June 3, as well as Chesapeake Chocolates,* or in the gardens on the day of the event. (Garden locations will be posted on this site after 6 pm on Friday, June 2.) Payment options for in-person purchases include cash or check made out to "The Reston Chorale." Debit/credit card payments may be made online.
Ticket purchase includes a self-guided tour of the gardens plus pop-up musical performances by members and friends of The Reston Chorale, followed by an afternoon Garden Party at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes.
Those purchasing tickets at Chesapeake Chocolates will receive a paper ticket.
WHERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
You may purchase Gardens of Note tickets:
- Online via this page. Simply click on the Purchase button and complete the transaction. Credit and debit cards are accepted.
- You will receive two emails. Be sure to print and bring the email with the subject line: "Your ticket for Gardens of Note 2023" and include the portion at the end that indicates the number of tickets you purchased. If you're unable to print your ticket, then you may show the Garden Greeter the email on your phone.
- At Chesapeake Chocolates, 11426 Washington Plaza West, Reston, VA; Tuesday-Friday, noon to 5 pm and on Saturday, 10 am - 2 pm. Payment is by cash or check made out to "The Reston Chorale." The ticket includes garden addresses.
- In the gardens on Saturday. You may purchase tickets in any of the gardens. Tickets on Saturday will be $25 each. Cash or checks made out to "The Reston Chorale" will be accepted
Ticket holders may begin the self-guided tour in any location.
- The garden program will be provided at the first stop, and garden greeters at each location will provide guidance.
- The garden program serves as your ticket to additional gardens.
- Be prepared for the elements, including appropriate footwear – rain or shine, the Gardens of Note tour is on!
Following the garden tour, join us for an afternoon garden party from 3 to 5 pm at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes, 12539 Lawyers Rd, Herndon, VA 20171
PERRENIAL PLANT OF THE YEAR
You may purchase the 2023 Perennial Plant of the Year during the tour at one of the garden locations* or at the afternoon Garden Party at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes.: Rudbeckia 'American Gold Rush' Black-Eyed Susan is a hardy plant that grows in full sun to part shade. Plants are $10 each. Thanks to a generous donation by Hidden Lane, 100% of the purchase price will benefit The Reston Chorale and the Reston Garden Club.
ENTER TO WIN $1,000 PRIZE
During the Hidden Lane garden party, we'll draw the winner of The Reston Chorale's $1,000 Raffle. Be sure to get your tickets, either online by 11:59 pm on Friday, June 2 or during Gardens of Note on Saturday. Raffle tickets are $10 for one and $25 for three. You need not be present to win. Proceeds benefit The Reston Chorale.
IMPORTANT TOUR REMINDERS
- Be prepared for the elements, including wearing appropriate footwear to walk over uneven terrain and stone walkways.
- Rain or shine, the Gardens of Note tour is on! In the event of a thunderstorm, however, please return to your vehicle until the storm passes.
- Please: no pets (except service animals), food, beverages (except water), strollers, wheelies, skateboards, scooters, or bicycles in the gardens.
- Children must be 10 years of age or older, and accompanied by an adult.
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age.
- Presently, masks and social distancing are not required. This is subject to change depending upon the status of COVID cases in late May and early June. If necessary, an update will be posted on the ticket sales site on the day of the event.
* The location of the plant-sales garden will be posted after 6 pm on Friday, June 2.