Gardens of Note 2022
Enjoy the sights and sounds of five beautiful residential gardens in Reston.
Gardens of Note is a self-guided tour of five beautiful private gardens in Reston, Virginia, followed by an afternoon garden party at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes.
Combining two of the joys of life, gardens and music, The Reston Chorale, in partnership with The Reston Garden Club, presents an exclusive tour of five notable residential gardens throughout Reston. Ticket purchase includes a self-guided tour of the gardens plus pop-up musical performances by members and friends of The Reston Chorale.
Tickets are $25 per person and may be purchased online or in the gardens on the day of the event. Payment options for in-person purchases include cash or check made out to "The Reston Chorale." Debit/credit card payments may be made online.
If you purchase your ticket(s) online, you will receive two emails. Be sure to print and bring the email with the subject line: "Your ticket for Gardens of Note 2022." Be sure to include the portion at the end that indicates the number of tickets you purchased. If you're unable to print your ticket, then you may show the Garden Greeter the email on your phone.
This year's gardens are located in three neighborhoods. They will be open for touring on Saturday, June 4th only, from 10 am to 3 pm. Garden addresses will be provided to ticket purchasers. Gardens of Note tour signs will be placed at the entrance to each property.
Garden addresses are listed below. The gardens are listed north to south. Approximate locations can be viewed on this map. Gardens of Note tour signs will be placed at the entrance to each property.
- Jeans Garden, 11968 Grey Squirrel Lane, Reston 20194
Park on Grey Squirrel Lane, between N. Walnut Branch Road and the circle at the end of Grey Squirrel. After parking your vehicle, walk up the pipestem to the garden location. Enter the garden through the arched gate.
- Archibald Garden, 1480 Waterfront Road, Reston 20194
- Cassaday Garden, 1482 Waterfront Road, Reston 20194
- South Garden, 1484 Waterfront Road, Reston 20194
Limited visitor parking is available on Waterfront Road. Additional parking is just a four minute walk away at the Brown's Chapel Basketball Court parking lot. Follow the path north to Waterfront Road, then turn left. The entrance to all three gardens is located at 1482 Waterfront Road.
- Luce Garden, 2278 Compass Point Lane, Reston 20191
Park on Compass Point Lane or Glade Drive.
Ticket holders may select any location on the map to begin the self-guided tour, open from 10 am until 3 pm on June 4.
- The garden program will be provided at the first stop, and garden greeters at each location will provide guidance.
- The garden program serves as your ticket to additional gardens.
- Be prepared for the elements, including appropriate footwear – rain or shine, the Gardens of Note tour is on!
Following the garden tour, join us for an afternoon garden party from 3 to 5 pm at Hidden Lane Residential Landscapes, 12539 Lawyers Rd, Herndon, VA 20171
Important Reminders for All Tour-Participants
- Some gardens have narrow paths, so please allow a bit of extra distance and time to enjoy the garden.
- Be prepared for the elements, including wearing appropriate footwear to walk over uneven terrain and stone walkways.
- Rain or shine, the Gardens of Note tour is on! In the event of a thunderstorm, however, please return to your vehicle until the storm passes.
- Please: no pets (except service animals), food, beverages (except water), strollers, wheelies, skateboards, scooters, or bicycles in the gardens.
- Children must be 10 years of age or older, and accompanied by an adult.
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age.
- Masks are not currently required but social distancing is recommended. This is subject to change depending upon the status of COVID cases in late May and early June.
* Chesapeake Chocolates is located at 11426 Washington Plaza West, Reston, VA. Store hours: Tuesday-Friday, noon to 5 pm, Saturday, 10 am - 2 pm. Payment by cash or check made out to The Reston Chorale.