Gardens of Note 2021
June 5, 2021 @ 10:00AM — 3:00PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
A self-guided tour of five beautiful residential gardens in Reston, Virginia.
Combining two of the joys of life, gardens and music, The Reston Chorale, in partnership with The Reston Garden Club, presents an exclusive tour of five notable residential gardens throughout Reston. Ticket purchase includes a self-guided tour of the gardens plus pop-up musical performances by members and friends of The Reston Chorale.
Tickets are $25 per person, and may be purchased online or in the gardens. Payment options for in-person purchases include cash, check made out to "The Reston Chorale," or debit/credit card by visiting this site.
If you purchase your ticket(s) online, you will receive two emails. Be sure to print and bring the email with the subject line: Your ticket for Gardens of Note 2021". If you purchase multiple tickets, be sure to print and bring the portion indicates the number of tickets you purchased.)
This year's gardens are located in four neighborhoods. They will be open for touring on Saturday, June 5th only, from 10 am to 3 pm. Garden addresses are listed below. The gardens are listed north to south. Approximate locations can be viewed on this map. Gardens of Note tour signs will be placed at the entrance to each property.
- Vitalie Garden, 1342 Park Garden Lane, Reston 20194
Park in the horseshoe in front of 1342 Park Garden Lane or at the end of Park Garden Lane. Click here to download a map of parking locations in this townhome community.
- Calkins-Courtney Garden, 12606 Thunder Chase Drive, Reston 20191
Park on Thunder Chase Drive.
- Zell Garden, 1946 Upper Lake Drive, Reston 20191
Park on Upper Lake Drive.
- Brown-Daoud Garden, 2020 Upper Lake Drive, Reston 20191
Park on Upper Lake Drive.
- Hobrla-Vollman Garden, 12120 Basset Lane, Reston 20191
Park on Basset Lane or Colts Neck Road.
Ticket holders may select any location on the map to begin the self-guided tour, open from 10 am until 3 pm on June 5. The garden program will be provided at the first stop, and garden greeters at each location will provide guidance. Be prepared for the elements, including appropriate footwear – rain or shine, the Gardens of Note tour is on!
Important Reminders for All Tour-Participants
- This year's event is drawing a record number of participants. Some gardens have narrow paths, so please allow a bit of extra distance and time to enjoy the garden.
- Be prepared for the elements, including wearing appropriate footwear to walk over uneven terrain and stone walkways.
- Rain or shine, the Gardens of Note tour is on! In the event of a thunderstorm, however, please return to your vehicle until the storm passes.
- Please: no pets (except service animals), food, beverages (except water), strollers, wheelies, skateboards, scooters, or bicycles in the gardens.
- Children must be 10 years of age or older, and accompanied by an adult.
- All guests require a ticket, regardless of age.
- For the health and well-being of all participants, garden guests who are not yet fully vaccinated are asked to follow the CDC's and Virginia’s safety protocols and wear a mask and maintain at least 6 feet of social distance. Masks and social distancing are not required for those who are fully vaccinated.